Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blogging Finals: Day 1

Written portion of the comprehensive TAU exam began at 8am with 60 multiple choice questions. Teacher jokingly said it could be done in 6 minutes. Challenge accepted. 8:05 = exam complete. Reading fast is my Super Power! Instructions for the practical portion were given at 8:45. Fire alarm goes off, so we move outside; we were going there anyway... It is 48 degrees and raining. (Yesterday, it was 79 degrees.) Nice teachers refuse to let us fail by coaxing and hinting us through stations with tests on dairy cattle, beef cattle, small ruminants, pigs, and horses. No poultry, because this season’s turkeys are already dead (yay, Thanksgiving!) and next semester’s chickens haven’t arrived yet. I stay dry in my raincoat but my toes are frozen by the end. Something about rubber boots just sucks the warmth right out. I had to go through 3 rope halters to find one I could work to halter and tie up a cow, but I passed! Back home to put on fleece, sweatpants, and slippers: study, study, study – right after I watch some Netflix and take a nap…
Your giant head cannot defeat me and my rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment