Monday, April 25, 2011

No Blogspot in China

So I had planned to blog while I'm in China, but apparently Blogspot is banned by the People's Republic. Although I've read that some people have gotten around the ban with proxy servers, and others randomly get on every once in a while when they try, I'm going with the assumption that it isn't going to work for me. It's a bummer - I'm not trying to foment rebellion or anything; I just want to share stories of our adventures and pictures of the Weird Food of the Day. But don't worry! I still plan to keep a journal of sorts and take zillions of pictures, so I'll blog retroactively if I'm unable to blog in real time. I am so excited to go and I know you all can't wait to read all about it when I get back!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great trip!

    (Yann and I very rarely blogged in real time while we were on the road--the internet was generally way too flaky. We'd just keep the text in Word and upload everything when we got something relatively stable. Of course, now that we have awesome internet, we still haven't finished it. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just look at it that way - I'm saving my musings for the stable internet connections in NC.

    And you really should finish your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good trip, Ginger. Look forward to hearing about it after you get back.

    ReplyDelete